Course Design Document: Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat
About this project:
Client was seeking to restructure the Designer and Sales Specialist Training program for a chain of furniture stores to increase Designer success and strengthen ongoing learning opportunities for all Designers. The client was looking to help simplify the management of the training program to better deploy the knowledge and skills of the training staff, and help the staff learn best practices for the LMS: Learning Management System in order to make the most of all of the training resources. The management at the furniture store was aware of the program’s strengths and weaknesses and sought realistic solutions for improvement.
Project details: This printed piece was provided to the corporate leadership for a furniture store (used with permission.)
My role: Instructional Designer, Content Curator
- Provide comprehensive training in order to create successful Designers who guide clients through the design process in order to place home furnishing orders with Client.
- Create a coaching and mentoring system to support Designers throughout their career at the furniture store.
- Employees (new designers) stay long enough to develop competencies.
- Provide support to ease new employee onboarding. Hit the floor in the showroom with basic product knowledge within the first 6 weeks.
- Product knowledge training modules – top vendor “go to’s” for New Designers.
- Relying on GSM”s to arm them with the product knowledge that they have.
- Improve learner long-term retention of material (1 year+)
- Continuing Education for all Designers